The King Fahd Complex for printing the Holy Quran in Madinah attracts many visitors. It is the world’s largest printing plant for the printing of the Holy Quran. It prints more than 10 million copies every year and distributes it all over the world; in addition to other publications, such as translations of the Holy Quran into dozens of languages, as well as audio tapes.
The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Fahd bin Abdulaziz (may Allah have mercy on him), laid the foundation stone of the complex in 1403 AH (1982), and it officially launched in 1405 AH (1984). It aims to print the Holy Quran with the famous narrations in the Islamic world, record its recitations, provide translations, and carry out research and studies related to the science of the Holy Quran.
The number of annual visitors to the complex has reached more than half a million visitors from around the world who came to see this magnificent Islamic edifice, which is one of the grand works carried out by the Kingdom to serve Islam and Muslims.
The area of the complex, located on Tabuk Road, is estimated at 250,000 square meters and is supervised by Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Dawah and Guidance.